TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Test Engineer, who currently lives in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, to join our project team at a major Federal agency. This will primarily be a telecommuting position.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Performing functional testing of the system
- Supporting users with application training and technical support
- Minimum 2 years in testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases, and test procedures
- Minimum 2 years in analyzing test data
- Minimum 2 years performing unit, integration, system, and regression software testing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Minimum 2 years documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Understanding of the basic principles of system analysis and quality assurance
- Comfort collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates an ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-orientated personality
- Bachelors’ degree in a related discipline
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.