TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Quality Assurance Tester/Test Engineer, who currently lives in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, to join our project team at a major Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Ensuring that every phase and feature of the Appian software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Performing functional testing of the system
- Supporting users with application training and technical support
- Under limited supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all system products and services meet minimum company standards and end-user requirements
- Thoroughly tests products to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects
- Documents all problems and work to resolve them; reports progress on problem resolution to management
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations
- Minimum 3 years of software testing experience through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases, and test procedures
- Minimum 2 years in analyzing test data
- Minimum 2 years specialized experience in quality assurance and/or quality control
- Minimum 2 years performing unit, integration, system, and regression software testing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Minimum 2 years documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits
- Understanding of the principles of system analysis and quality assurance
- Experience collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience testing Applian software applications
- Bachelors’ degree in a related discipline
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.