TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Tester/Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team. The Tester/Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for creating, executing, and automating testing as part of software development and maintenance activities, and providing technical writing capabilities. While this is primarily a telecommuting role, applicants must live within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Write automated test scripts and conduct test exercises as part of the DevOps pipeline
- Write quality control documentation (e.g. test reports)
- Write user acceptance test plans, including Acceptance Criteria
- Perform work flow analysis
- Recommend quality improvements
- Carry out procedures to ensure that all system product and services meet minimum standards and end-user requirements
- Thoroughly test products to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects
- Document all problems and work to resolve them; report progress on problem resolution to management
- Devise improvements to current procedures and develop models of possible future configurations
- At least 3 years specialized experience in quality assurance and/ or quality control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Using automated methods to ensure code quality
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database reporting
- Experience testing open source software in an AWS environment
- Experience developing systems for federal shared services
- Knowledge of transportation data and analytics
- Experience testing AWS cloud hosted applications
- Experience with Big Data projects
- Developing code quality metrics and presenting these metrics to client management as a way to demonstrate code quality
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.