TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a UX/UI Developer to join our team. The UX/UI Developer is responsible for supporting application developers with UX/UI storyboarding, evaluation, and development. While this is primarily a telecommuting role, applicants must live within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Serve as UX/UI expert on development projects
- Assist with full development life cycle activities including requirements analysis and design
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to create user stories and determine technical requirements
- Use user-centered design to engage users to create user stories for both business functionality, technical requirements and defining acceptance criteria using existing feature and user story templates
- Develop well written user stories that include acceptance criteria, definition of done, and story point estimations, and approving stakeholders where appropriate following established user story templates
- Minimum five years’ experience with UX/UI practices and technologies
- Human-centered and user-centered design practices used for software development, specifically user interface development
- Development of storyboards, user stories, and UI best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Requirements elicitation and development following UX/UI design principles
- Experience following the user-centered design practices described in Plays 1, 2, and 3 of the U.S. Digital Services Playbook (https://playbook.cio.gov/) when determining needs for development of new system features and managing the project backlog.
- Experience using Jira to manage the product backlog
- Experience developing systems for federal shared services
- Knowledge of transportation data and analytics
- Experience with Big Data projects
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.