TCG is an award-winning Government solutions provider. We are seeking a UX/UI Developer, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team on a high profile project at a major Federal agency. This position will primarily be a telecommuting position.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Provide UX/UI support to the redesign of a federal agency’s web application
- Provides technical consulting on complex project with federal stakeholders to understand the UX/UI needs and provide viable solutions that are federally compliant
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives
- Often acts as a business expert and assists users in defining needs
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary
- Established technologies require a minimum of 5 years of specialized experience on top of applicable training; 7 years or more of relevant experience is required where the individual does not also substantiate evidence of relevant training
- Experience utilizing best practices for responsive, accessible design (including 508 compliance) of complex web applications
- Expert graphic design skills and the talent to create beautiful, usable interfaces that provide outstanding user experiences and enable work to be done easily
- Expertise with wire-framing tools, both lo-fi (such as Balsamiq Mockups) and hi-fi (such as Axure RP), to create click-through prototypes
- Comfortable working directly with users and management to understand business needs and application requirements
- Knows and loves user-centered design principles and agile development practices
- Significant experience with cross-browser development
- Demonstrates an ability to contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-orientated personality
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Interactive Media, or other relevant disciplines
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.