TCG is an award-winning e-Government and e-Business solutions provider. We are seeking a Technical Project Manager, who currently resides in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team. US citizenship is required.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for IT project performance, including cost, schedule, development methodology compliance, deliverables, and contractual compliance. He or she is the person who knows most about the business and technical aspects of the project, who manages the staff, and who explains solutions to the client.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managing Federal government IT projects
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in leading project teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in overseeing iterative/agile software development projects for enterprise systems
- Experience in the application of development methodology, technique, and best practices are essential
- Experience with applications development and deployment management
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members (consultants, technical staff, subject experts) and clients to define project activities and resolve issues and problems
- Ability to communicate within and across teams
- Possess and demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Ability to talk to clients about technology with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, and with the political savvy to know how to phrase issues to reassure rather than overwhelm clients
Citizenship & Clearances
- US citizenship is required.
- Must be clearable and agree to undergo a full government background clearance check, if required
- B.S./B.A. in a relevant discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and lead problem resolution efforts in a fast paced environment
- Management and supervisory skills are required
- Work with little direct supervision
- Want and accept responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others
As you can see, we ask a lot of our employees, but we give a lot in return. We have both an employee savings plan and a health plan that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits. We must be doing something right because the majority of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years -- and some have been with us since TCG was founded way back in 1994!
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to
Try us ... we'll make you happy.